Thursday, September 18, 2008

latest news

My 1st week back was pretty crapy, but the next one was pretty good. My student loan came through!! I should be getting the money this week, so that's really exciting. That way, I don't have to work 30hrs/week on top going to school full time! I am trying to be responsible with it. I even made a budget that I'm trying to stick to, but I have some great travel opportunities coming up, and I will use some of my loan money for that, since I used the money I earned last summer to pay for school. Oh yeah, getting the student loan means that I'm going to Beirut in June for a month!!!

I also joined a choir. I've just missed having some music in my life SO much. It's been great to be part of that again. We're singing Haendel's Messiah. It's going to be fantabulous.

What else? ouh! I also got a free bike for a year. Uvic has a bike bursary program. I applied and I got a bike. It's 2nd hand and ugly, but it's painful exercise. I picked it up on Monday and I've been torturing myself on it since then. Victoria's not as flat as I thought. And I joined the gym. And I signed up for a pilates' class. And I went running tonight... around the block. Then I decided it was too cold and I came back home, watched CSI:Las Vegas with my roomies and made some crepes. All this sports, crazy, eh?

Anyway, these are the last news on this side of the world...

1 comment:

Prisca et Dom said...

youhou je viens de tomber sur ce post..qui date un peu, mais bon!! tu vas à Beyrouth alors???? tellement cool ;o) !!!!!!!
faut que tu me raconte tout ça un peu plus en détails dis donc !!!

tellement cool ausis que tu sois dan sun choeur :o) j'ai aussi eu la chance de faire partie d'un à Amman, et on a chanté le Halleluja du Messie de Haendel entre autres chants!!
j'espère que tu vas bien, te fais un gros bisou!